Gmail By Google !
Get yourself introduced to the third most popular innovation from Google, after Search and Android, which took the internet community by storm after its release in 2004. The email giant was brought to the Android platform (as an official app) in 2009 and since then, it has been widely acknowledged by many. Gmail is considered as the number one emailing service today. Credits go to its easy-to-use nature and Google branding, which make it stand out tall in the pool of emailing services. Gmail is shortened for Google Mail, and it is one of the most used email services in the world.
About Gmail app-
The Gmail app is available on wide variety of operating systems, such as Android, iOS, and Windows Phone. Due to its small size, it is light and runs easily on almost every system. For most of the stock Android users, Gmail comes preinstalled on the device along with some other Google essentials like Maps, Drive, Hangouts, Play Games, Play Store, and YouTube. The best thing about Google is that, one single account is enough to manage all of its services. Thus, no need for creating extra accounts for YouTube or Goole Drive. There are a lot of features which make Gmail for Android a must have email application. It provides a totally different kind of an emailing experience, unlike mainstream software applications like Outlook, Cyanogenmod Email etc.
Some of the features of the Gmail app are-
- It comes loaded with a 15GB online storage space, which is huge. Google is the only multinational service in the world which provides its users with such a big storage capacity, entirely free. Those of you who wish to keep a huge storage for themselves, they can buy additional space from Google for their Drive.
- The app is timely synched and the user is notified regarding new emails. The important ones are highlighted, while others can also be found in the app either in the inbox, or the spam folder.
- It uses a smart technology which identifies spams and if told, will automatically delete the spams after a few days. This keeps the storage free and the device safe.
- Older emails can be accessed offline as well.
- Apart from the mainstream inbox, which displays important emails, categories like social, promotions, and updates can be found in the app as well. It helps segregate the important emails from the email type which match the aforementioned tags.
- The app is 100% safe, and has been proven to deliver the best email experience. It is rated 4.3/5 on Google Play and people can download it online (for free).
- Google promises to keep the personal information of its users secure, so no need to worry about losing your important data to other third-party sites.
- Google provides some of the best security levels to its apps. If their database detects any abnormal logging in or wrong usage, it may result in a 24 hour lockdown of the account.
- Those users who forget their passwords can easily login to their Gmail by answering a security question, or use an OTP sent to their registered mobile number.Also check : download flipkart app from 9apps
How to install Gmail app?
- Download the .APK file online. Make sure to save it to a secure location, which is easily accessible later.
- Go to Settings (on your device) -> Security Settings.
- Enable the Installation from Unknown Sources by tapping on it.
- Using a file manager look for the downloaded .APK file and install it by tapping on it.
- Create a home screen shortcut for easier access.