Download Flickr | Flickr For android | Flickr apk for Android
Before there was Instagram, there were some other photo and video sharing web services slashapps ruling all over the internet. The cyberspace was relatively new back then, when email services had started to show up, smartphones were not even a thing, and owning a laptop was considered chic. It was around that time when a website showed up (in 2004) providing the first ever image and video hosting facility. Yes, that website is Flickr. Flickr is the first ever photo/video sharing social media platform and is quite popular among photographers, bloggers, and budding designers. The website gained its popularity during the term where it was owned by Yahoo!
Flic kr was launched as an image and video hosting website in 2004, by Stewart Butterfield and Caterina Fake, both working for Ludicorp. In 2005, the web service was taken over by Yahoo! and now, it is owned by Oath Inc. Flickr has always had a strong online community, and it is a great place where a lot of photographers and bloggers meet and interact. You can upload your photos to Flic kr and get people to like them and comment on them. It feels just like using any other social media platform, sans chatting. As per the official stats, around 4 million images are being uploaded to Flickr daily, and that is huge!Today, Flickr has more than 100 million registered users and it generates a good amount of internet traffic.
About the Android app-
After smartphones started to take over the portable media market, Flickr too decided to make their application software go mobile.Soon after that, they too released an app for a number of smartphone/tablet based operating systems.
For Android, Flickr app was warmly received, and just like the website,it did not take much time for the app to go viral. It has been downloaded over 45 million times now, and it is rated 4.3/5 on Google Play Store. So, those of you who are already using Flickr on their PCs, or those of you who love to share their photos online, Flickr app is just for you.
Apart from being completely safe and fun to use, Flickr is loaded with some features worth drooling for. Some of which are mentioned below-
- The camera roll (or per-user database) is huge. They provide you witharound 1 TB of data storage. In such a large storage space, you can upload a lot of photos and videos; and do not worry,their database is secure and private, which means, only you can access you roll.
- In order to save storage space on your device, you can directly upload the photos you click and videos you shoot to Flick.
- It is a small app and it also does not use much memory. Thus, managing the app is quite easy. Also, it is soft on the battery consumption side.
- This app has a timeline which features all the latest and trending uploads all over the community. Images based on your likes are also featured in the app.
- Flickr has one of the highest grossing communities ever in a social media platform. With over 1 million active users per day, you can expect some great content everyday.
How to install Flickr?
- Download the .APK file online. Save it to a safe location on your device.
- Open Settings > Security Settings > Tap on Enable Installation from Unknown Sourcesto enable it.
- Then, using a file manager**, open the location where you have saved the .APK file.
- Tap on it and tap on install.
- You can also create a home-screen shortcut for easier access.
** If you do not have a file manager installed on your device, you can download one from our website.